Monday, September 12, 2016

First Week of Work

Hi there! I'm finally getting the chance to breathe a little after three days of 10-11 hour shifts; the shifts themselves are fine and go by in decent time, but when I get home and go to bed, I am out! Waking up the next morning is a bit of a struggle :)

So since the last time I posted anything, I have completed training for my specific location and have now worked a full week after! I'm enjoying the Ice Cream Parlor so far; we rotate positions about every hour, so I'm always doing something different just when something starts getting a little mundane. My coworkers are all so sweet! So are my coordinators and leaders; I have a great group of people around me at work. The customers are great too; though, I've never wished I spoke Spanish or French more in my entire life! I'm becoming very good at charades.

On one of my days off last week, myself along with two of my roommates went to EPCOT to do some character hunting!! It was wonderful; I may or may not have been overtly excited when I met Mary Poppins and Mulan and hugged my personal healthcare companion, Baymax......

Another thing I must tell you about is lizards... These dang lizards - they're everywhere!! Just this morning, my roommates woke me up because there was a gecko in the bathroom sink... and I had to get it out... we all screamed. When I walk to the bus stop, at least 5 lizards will run onto the sidewalk in front of me, and when I walk to the workout room, at the very very least 10 lizards will run out in front of me! I have become more used to it as time's gone on, but it's still pretty weird!!

Disney World is treating me great! All is well, even the lizards make the outdoors just that much more exciting.


All love,

Carlie



modeling my costume - when i first put it on, i had a vision of Vi from grease come to mind


took a quick stroll down to another dcp apartment complex for some milkshakes








i was obsessed with the set up of this meet and greet area! something that my 8 year old brain would have come up with

hugging my personal healthcare companion


ending our day at epcot

publix (the grocery store) is just a little walk away; the kind cashier gave me a sticker!!

after going to the grocery store, i made a trip down to disney springs to pick up my free birthday gift from sephora and get my first pumpkin spice chai tea of the season! i'm really bummed that there isn't really a fall/autumn season here so i'm trying to compensate!

perks of working next door to a starbucks during closing!

my attempted home-cooked meals for myself! my standards ^^

the gecko from the sink.........

No comments:

Post a Comment