Monday, October 3, 2016

Hi October

I don't know how it got to be October so soon, but "fall" is in full swing at the Magic Kingdom!

September flew by with some fun happenings; my birthday came around like it tends to every year! My 21st birthday was very special; my roommates were so sweet and filled my room with balloons and streamers, I got to go to the Magic Kingdom, and had yummy drinks with every meal throughout the day :) The next day, my awesome Mama had a huge cake and balloons delivered to my apartment! Enormously blessed :)

Also in September, my first Disney seminar class started which is two hours every week for four weeks. This seminar class is called Disney Heritage and is basically a crash course on the history of the Disney company, the Disney brothers, and the mission/vision behind the company. It's a fun couple of hours - very engaging! After this class, I will have another titled Leadership 101 which I'm looking forward to!

At work, I have primarily worked closing shifts. There's a joke saying that CP (College Program) really stands for Closing Person; this is more of a reality than a joke though :) I have always been a night-owl, so I don't mind! I've just adjusted my daily schedule as I tend to be going to bed around 3am.

Just a couple days ago, Magic Kingdom celebrated the park's 45th anniversary! It was very exciting! In the utilidors (the pathways for cast members underneath the park) there was a DJ and free cupcakes for cast members, and all of the park guests that day and cast members received an exclusive 45th anniversary button! It was a really fun day!


Sending love from Florida!

Carlie

here I am, in action, cashiering at the ice cream shop

even though I got home at 3am, my roommates surprised me with a princess crown on my birthday

felt very adult-y with my mimosa and crab cake eggs benedict for my 21st bday breakfast

exceedingly spoiled by my roommates when i returned from breakfast - very sweet of them

fitting pins/buttons to go into magic kingdom for the day
my roommates have designated me as the "mom" out of the eight of us, so they got me a World's Best Mom pin


by far the biggest accomplishment of the day was defeating Emperor Zurg and becoming Galactic Heroes 

couldn't leave without ice cream from work and a picture at my home away from home - main street usa
main street is as you see here decorated for fall/halloween

all of my roommates came to dinner with me at disney springs :) on the right is a screenshot from our roommate group text - making very serious life decisions.


the day after, my mom had a cake and balloons delivered! thanks mom!!

headed off to my first seminar class!

had my first steak 'n' shake experience and it was wonderful :)

here's fred the lizard, he greets me when i get home every night

major perks of working next to starbucks and the confectionary during closing

the entrance to team disney where one of the cast member discount stores is located

adorable 45th anniversary cupcake

1 comment:

  1. Such fun reading your happenings and we love the pictures! Glad you luv your adventure........and making peace with the geckos........better than roaches I say!!!!

    ReplyDelete